In aid of Mothers’ Mental health Matters Project.
100% of the profits will be used to build on our work on tackling social isolation in pregnant and new mothers.
This deck of affirmation cards has been created by Nicola Haigh who is our lead coordinator for the HyperLocal Wellness Walks.
Practicing affirmations is the simplest thing you can do to start your day happier and more productive. Helps you focus on the positive and become more mindful. Take the guesswork out of creating a daily affirmation, and choose at random one of the 10 affirmation card prompts.
Our Motherhood Affirmation Card Deck with mood-boosting affirmations will help you create a more positive mindset.
This colourful and high-quality, glossy deck of 10 cm x 10 cm cards with life-affirming phrases will help you build confidence, work on your resilience and also form a better connection with your inner self.
Affirmations are a scientifically proven way to help you with the daily struggles of motherhood..
- Self-affirmations have been shown to decrease health-deteriorating stress (Sherman et al., 2009; Critcher & Dunning, 2015);
- Self-affirmations have been used effectively in interventions that led people to increase their physical behaviour (Cooke et al., 2014);
- They may help us to perceive otherwise “threatening” messages with less resistance, including interventions (Logel & Cohen, 2012);
- They can make us less likely to dismiss harmful health messages, responding instead with the intention to change for the better (Harris et al., 2007) and to eat more fruit and vegetables (Epton & Harris, 2008);
- They have been linked positively to academic achievement by mitigating GPA decline in students who feel left out at college (Layous et al., 2017);
- Self-affirmation has been demonstrated to lower stress and rumination (Koole et al., 1999; Wiesenfeld et al., 2001).
If you would like to help us with this project you can –